Is it Time to Upgrade Your Engagement Ring?
October 15th, 2021
An engagement ring is forever, but that doesn’t mean you can't spruce it up with a few extra diamonds, colorful gemstones, and other elaborate details. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary, have a higher budget than before, or just want a new style, we have a few different styles to enhance your ring’s sparkle
Is Remounting Your Engagement Ring Right For You?
Remounting engagement rings is more common than you think. Over time, rings may need repairs, or couples may simply want to give their ring a fresh new look. Remounting involves altering the head, shoulders, and shank of an engagement ring.
Keep in mind, remounting is only possible if you want to keep the same size center stone. If you are looking to replace the center stone and the setting, we recommend investing in a new engagement ring altogether.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to remount your ring:
- Repair: Over time, your ring can experience wear and tear. A loose stone can increase the risk of losing it, so get any broken prongs fixed before that dazzling diamond goes missing.
- Reinvent: It can be as simple as wanting a new and dazzling look for your ring. Add an additional stone, engrave it with a special date, or add a glowing halo.
- Preserve: If you have a vintage or heirloom piece, it may need professional maintenance and cleaning. To extend its longevity, it may need a diamond remount.
- Combine: Looking to combine elements of your engagement ring with an heirloom piece, for example? Remounting can create a masterpiece that features elements of both rings.
If possible, allow your partner to have a say in the engagement ring remounting process. Make sure you are both comfortable with altering this sentimental keepsake that represents your love.
If you are ready to make the investment, here are a few things to consider:
- Cost: Consider the cost of the complete overhaul. Ensure you know what you want from the start to come up with the best estimate.
- Jeweler: Keep in mind, some diamonds and settings are more difficult to remount than others. Ask your jeweler if remounting your ring is even possible, and get several quotes from different jewelers before settling on the right fit.
- Maintenance: While it’s being remounted, make sure it is examined for any repairs if needed. Any preventative maintenance can help preserve the integrity of your piece in the long term.
Now that you know a little bit more about remounting an engagement ring, it is time for the fun part — choosing a new style to elevate your look.
If diamonds inspire confidence in you, why not add these tiny crystals on the side of your center stone to give it a dazzling flair? Simply replacing the band with a side stone setting that has diamond accents across the shank can help increase the radiance, without having to make an immense investment.
If you have a round solitaire and want to elevate its brilliance and fire, the classic halo setting can give your stone the appearance of being larger. A ring of tiny diamonds can frame your stone like a work of art. Add diamonds on the shank to create a sparkling wonderland.
Power of Three
Three-stone settings symbolize the past, present, and future of your relationship. After years spent together, this ring holds even more sentimental value. Incorporate an element of brilliance by carefully choosing the two stones that will flank your center diamond. You have a wide range of stone shapes and colors to choose from whether you want to match or create a striking contrast.
Bold and Daring
If you like to be the center of attention, there are many ring options that cater to bold and daring sensibilities. Think of multiple rows of diamonds, wide bands, engravings, and many more unique diamond accents. These can make your ring look completely different and bolder than ever before.
Elevate Your Engagement Ring at Azzi Jewelers
Ready to take your engagement ring to the next level? Visit Azzi Jewelers in Lansing, Michigan to receive a world-class customer service experience. Our expert jewelers can guide you through the remounting process and give your engagement ring a new look within your budget. Stop by our Lansing jewelry store to explore our options in person or call us at (517) 332-7900 to make an appointment today.