Diamond Cut Spotlight Series: Top Oval Cut Engagement Rings
October 25th, 2021
Similar to the classic round cut, the oval cut boasts a clean, closed curve silhouette. The elongated stone has an air of elegance and a refined charm not found in other diamond cuts. For those curious about the oval cut diamond and how to choose the right one, there are a few factors to consider.
All About Oval Cut Diamonds
Developed in the 1960s, the oval cut diamond is a modified brilliant-cut featuring a similar fire and brilliance as its round counterpart. This cut has a sophisticated and elongated shape that can actually have a narrowing effect on the finger. Its large surface area provides more space to reflect light and create a dazzling sparkle.
When choosing between different oval cut stones, couples should consider the length-to-width ratio, which is the length divided by the width. This ratio determines how thin or wide your stone is. Large ratios translate to tall and slender oval cuts while smaller ratios mean the stone is wider and more rounded. We recommend a length-to-width ratio of 1.35-1.50.
What Type of Bride Would Like the Oval Cut?
Almost any bride will love an oval cut diamond ring. Its elegance is undeniable. Here are a few types of brides that may enjoy their oval cut ring for years to come.
- For the trendsetter: The round cut is a classic choice. Keep the same level of brilliance, but go with the more unique choice; an oval cut.
- For the showstopper: For brides who want to be the center of attention, oval cuts boast a brighter and more fiery brilliance compared to a round cut. With more reflection for the same amount of karats as a round cut, oval cut diamonds are definitely the brighter choice.
- For the vintage queen: For brides who prefer the styles from the past, oval cuts can pair beautifully with rose gold or yellow gold metal. Side stones can add a radiant finish to the shank.
- For the fashionista: Brides that like to be in the know about the latest fashions can appreciate a style that is beloved by today’s most fashionable stars.
- For the undecided: An oval cut ring is versatile enough to be worn alone or stacked. It can fit with any wardrobe and complements any color, ideal for the bride who can’t make up her mind.
Top Oval Cut Engagement Rings
There are so many different oval cut engagement ring options to choose from. Here are some of our top suggestions to get the ring search started.
1. A. Jaffe Classics Engagement Ring
Clean, elegant, and diamond-studded. A. Jaffe’s Classics engagement ring features an oval center stone with four prongs, pavé set round side stones, and a delicate and stunning hidden halo right above the bridge of the band. A. Jaffe’s quilted interior provides a cozy and snug fit.
2. Michael M Crown Engagement Ring
This stunning 18K diamond engagement ring from Michael M's Crown Collection features their signature hidden halo, a halo of brilliant, round diamonds, all set right below the oval center stone. Pair the dazzling white stone with the radiance of warm, yellow gold.
3. L’Amour Oval Halo Ring
This ring has a flurry of diamonds surrounding its oval cut stone. The l’amour oval halo ring is the perfect piece to celebrate an engagement in style. This resplendent oval cut diamond is surrounded by shining stones in a halo of brilliance. Sparkling side stones line the shank, creating a regal, eye-catching design.
Schedule a Diamond Consultation at Azzi Jewelers
Ready to find your perfect oval cut diamond ring? Schedule an appointment with a diamond specialist at our jewelry store in Lansing, Michigan. Our expert jewelers can give you a complete diamond education, assisting you with picking the right cut and setting for your loved one.